National Geographic Kids
National Geographic Kids is a subset of our larger database, National Geographic.
National Geographic Kids includes
- National Geographic Kids magazine 2009-present (3 month embargo)
- 200 National Geographic Kids books
- 500 kid-friendly, downloadable images
Detailed Overview — Magazine
Introduce kids to the amazing, compelling, and surprising with National Geographic Kids magazine. Geared toward 6-14 year olds, this magazine offers endless opportunities for kids to explore their world and instills a love of learning, nature, and other cultures.
Detailed Overview — Books
Designed with children’s interests specifically in mind reference books entertain and teach, featuring National Geographic’s award-winning photos and maps. National Geographic Readers include oceanic animals, African wildlife, and other amazing topics. Other books feature sports, adventure, and exploration.
Detailed Overview — Images
500 images can be downloaded for educational purposes—perfect for classroom use and student assignments. Examples of images from around the world include:
- Mammals, fish, reptiles, and insects.
- Physical features such as icebergs, deserts, mountains, and forests
- Peoples and cultures, especially children, from countries such as Denmark
- History and science & technology subjects
Guided Video Tutorials