At Boyd County Public Library, we are committed to creating an excellent library for our community, our staff, the Commonwealth of Kentucky, and, finally, the nation. In order to meet this goal, the library has
- Defined the “Core Values” of the library, the basic elements that form the foundation on which we perform work and conduct ourselves, establishing practices we use (or should be using) every day in everything we do.
- Established “Core Competencies” that set out the basic skills each staff member must have and/or be trained to do and see that all staff are trained, and are continued to be trained.
- Created a “Strategic Plan” to address the State Standards at the “Exemplary” level and has begun implementing those goals and objectives.
Every job description begins with these “Core Values” and every employee is expected to acknowledge that he or she will work by these cores values at all times while representing The Library. Click here to read the Library’s Core Values.
Below you will find the current job openings. By clicking on the individual titles you will be able to view the job description. The library requires that all applicants submit a BCPL application online. To apply click here. Resumes and/or additional documents should be file attached to the application.
Benefits for part-time positions include:
- 3.5 hours paid birthday leave
- Paid flexible spending account ($900 per year toward health care costs)
- Library Logo shirts at anniversary
- Continuing education opportunities
- A nice environment to work in!
- Part-time at Information Services
- 20 hours per week: Nights and weekends (Saturday and Sunday)
- $9.23 per hour
- Click here for full job description