Consumer Health Complete
Consumer Health Complete™ (CHC) is the single-most comprehensive resource for consumer-oriented health content. It is designed to support the information needs of patients, and to foster an overall understanding of health-related topics.
CHC provides content covering all areas of health and wellness from mainstream medicine to the many perspectives of complementary, holistic and integrated medicine. This full-text database covers topics such as aging, cancer, diabetes, drugs & alcohol, fitness, nutrition & dietetics, children’s health, men & women’s health, etc.
CHC offers a unique search interface designed to call attention to the full text content available from many important source-types, and to provide an intuitive means for searching this specific information.
Information provided in this database should not be viewed as a means for self-diagnosis or a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
- Full text for more than 250 health reference books and encyclopedias, including:
- American Medical Association Complete Medical Encyclopedia
- American Medical Association Family Medical Guide
- Complete Guide to Prescription & Nonprescription Drugs 2011
- Cornell Illustrated Encyclopedia of Health
- Mayo Clinic Family Health Book
- Mayo Clinic Guide to Women’s Cancers
- Oxford Handbook of Child Nutrition
- Oxford Illustrated Companion to Medicine
- Royal Society for Medical Health Encyclopedia
- And many more…
- Thousands of full-text evidence-based, health reports
- Hundreds of medical images and diagrams
- Over 750 physician-generated videos (with audio narration) on women’s health, healthy aging, general health and men’s health
- More than 2,350 Health Daily videos from NBC Digital Health Network
- More than 450 full-text consumer health pamphlets and leaflets
- Cover-to-cover full text from more than 550 consumer health related periodicals as well as full text of the UPI (United Press International) English-Language Health Newswire
- More than 240 animations (with audio narration)