Boyd County Public Library is seeking applications for a vacancy on the Board of Trustees.
Any resident of Boyd County is eligible to apply and is encouraged to do so. The Board would like to encourage motivated professionals within the county to submit an application as well.
If interested in helping guide the library, planning for future services, and supporting a great community resource, please submit your application online. [Click here]
Additional documents may be attached to the application or sent to [email protected]
Applications will be taken through July 9, 2017 with the intention of interviewing candidates at the July 17, 2017 meeting. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Boyd County Public Library Mission:
To provide quality resources and access to information for all users.
Principle Function of The Board is:
To lead Boyd County Public Library District to fulfill its mission through planning, policymaking, development of financial and community support, and monitoring results.
Primary Responsibilities of Board Members are:
- Attend and participate in all board meetings; support board decisions.
- Be an advocate for the library.
- Plan for the future by determining the purposes and goals of the library.
- Secure adequate funds; assist in the preparation of the annual budget.
- Know the needs of the library in relation to the community.
Requirements of Candidates
- At least 18 years of age.
- Legal residence within the county.
- Ability to attend monthly meetings (meetings are the third Monday of each month from 4 pm to 6 pm, held on a rotating schedule at all three branches).
- Commitment to the provision of excellent library service throughout the district.
Process for Appointing Board Members
- Applications are taken.
- Selection Committee reviews applications.
- Qualified candidates are invited to on open interview during a Board of Trustees meeting.
- Two qualified candidates are selected for EACH vacancy.
- Per KRS 173.730 (Board members—Terms—Vacancies to be filled by persons recommended by the board…)
- The two recommended names are submitted to the state librarian;
- Upon approval, the state librarian forwards the names to the County Judge-Executive;
- The County Judge-Executive, with the approval of the Fiscal Court, selects and appoints one of the two submitted candidates to a term of four (4) years.
For more information, contact Debbie Cosper, Library Director at 606.329.0518, x1110 or [email protected]